It’s OK to make breakfast an indulgence once in a while, especially on Mother’s Day. And for a dish that feels a bit like a dessert, opt for this decadent French toast.
1 cup milk
½ cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1 loaf brioche bread
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1½ cups brown sugar
Powdered sugar, for dusting
Fruit slices, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the eggs, milk, half-and-half, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet, and then cut the brioche loaf into even slices. Gently dip each slice into the mixture to coat on both sides, and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, melt the brown sugar and butter, and thoroughly coat both sides of each slice of bread. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until the bread forms a slight crust.
- Dust with powdered sugar, and top with sliced fruit, if desired.
This article was prepared by ReminderMedia.
LPL Tracking #1-05256413